Accomplished Language Instructor
with proven ability to teach Spanish in an effective and engaging manner within a professional setting. With experience teaching everyone from visiting students and tourists to international business people. Can accurately assess language skills and implement a targeted, personalized plan of instruction. Has the initiative and the organizational skill to manage small group and one-on-one classes, intensive immersion programs and informal, conversation-based instruction. With the professional decorum, sensitivity and humor required when working in a multi-cultural environment.
Buenos Aires. For the last eleven years she has worked as a Spanish private tutor. She has taught
university students and professionals of several areas: Delta Airlines, KLM, and American Airlines' Pilots; Judges, Chief Scientists, Music Professors, Doctors, etc. Furthermore, her work and approach as a language teacher (incorporating cultural and sightseeing events into the classes), has allowed her to develop extensive tour guiding skills.
New York. For six months she has worked as a Spanish Teacher teaching one-on- one lessons and small groups. Amongst her students there have been executives at international corporations (ex.Citigroup) and professionals of various areas.
Bridge Linguatec - Buenos Aires, Argentina
An international language institute headquartered in the United States, with offices in Argentina, Chile and Brazil. Bridge Linguatec was founded by the former president of Berlitz International, Inc.
- Taught Spanish to students from all over the world using a modern, conversational approach (Communicative Approach)
- Taught English as a foreign language, Portuguese and Italian.
- Lead student excursions to noteworthy performances at the Teatro Colon as well as Tango Shows, famous restaurants, historic cafes, museums, etc.
(Former students' and Linguatec's letters of recommendation are available)
University of Buenos Aires (UBA) - Argentina
(1994 - 1998)
Faculty of Psychology
Le Sorbonne - Paris
- Completed third year of six-year program leading to a Masters in Psychology (Liscenciatura)
Course of Study:
St. Georges College - Quilmes, Argentina
- French Language for Foreigners
- Bachillerato (Argentine High School diploma: entry qualification for universities in Argentina)
- G.C.E, General Certificate of Education (entry qualification for universities in the United Kingdom and worldwide issued by Cambridge University)
O'Level passes, four (graded an A, B or C): English Language, Spanish, Mathematics, Geography
A'Level passes, three: Spanish literature (grade B), English literature (grade C), Geography (grade E).
Fluent (obtained British High School Diploma)
Upper Intermediate; lived and studied for two years in Paris (1984-1986)
Intermediate; lived and studied for two years in Rome (1982-1984)
Intermediate; lived in Florianoplois, Brazil for one year (1988-1989)